Here are a few resources, both practical and fun, we wanted to share. Check back regularly, as we plan to update this as we find more.
Information and Assistance
- Local: The Hilltown CDC has put together a list of resources to meet immediate needs, including food, housing, employment, small business, and more.
- State: The Massachusetts State website is a reliable source of information for all things related to the Coronavirus in our state. You can also sign up for alerts.
- National: The Center for Disease Control is the authority on the Coronavirus in the United States. Visit their website for information about prevention and treatment.
Activities and Learning
- Hilltown Families has hundreds of resources for learning opportunities and fun things to do, both locally and online.
- Citizen Science: Help out scientists with their research! Zooniverse has 100 projects that you can help with, from counting the number of penguins in a photo to finding asteroids in images from the Hubble Telescope.
- Birdwatching: Grab some binoculars and get outside, or just look out your window. How many birds can you identify? The National Park Service has tips for beginners.
- Nest cams: Livestream nest cams are a fun way to watch and learn about baby birds. Audubon has many bird cams, as well as coral reef cams, gorilla cams, manatee cams, and more!
- Watch and learn: the Environmental Film Festival has many films available free online that you can watch from home.
- Build a bird box!: While this post is written for a UK audience, it gives good step-by-step instructions for building a bird box for your yard.