Date(s) - Nov 4th, 2023
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Come get to know the marvelous maples at the Bullitt Reservation!
Meditation on Maples is a program that invites participants to explore maple trees with all five senses. We’ll take in the tree as a whole, we’ll explore the texture of the bark and the shape of the leaves. This program will combine scientific and artistic ways of knowing and learning.
This event is appropriate for all ages. Pre-registration is required.
About the Program Leader
Monya Relles (they/them) has been an environmental educator with a passion for environmental justice for seven years and they have loved the earth their whole life. In their free time they can be found hiking, dancing, or playing off-key ukulele at the Connecticut River, much to the mortification of people who pass by.
This is a stationary program, sticking to one location with seated options.
- Bathroom: Indoor facility accessed by a ~60-foot wooden ramp with and low (2″) side guide rails but no handrails. There is a large single-stall bathroom on the first floor with a changing table and grip bars.
- Parking: Compacted gravel lot with one marked accessible/handicap spot. Overflow parking is mown grass lawn.
- Surfaces: Mown grass lawn with scattered fall leaves, wood chip garden pathways (optional), compacted gravel and dirt parking lot.
- Seating: Please bring your own folding camp chair, lawn chair, or other seating option if you are able. We will have padded aluminum folding chairs and the benches of a wooden picnic table to offer if you need to borrow a chair.
- Fragrances: To be respectful of those with allergies and environmental sensitivities, we ask that you please refrain from wearing strong fragrances.
- Public transportation: Public transit is not available to the Bullitt Reservation. Contact us if you are interested in coordinating a carpool.
We’re happy to discuss your access needs for this event! For questions and accommodation requests, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413) 628-4485 ext. 6.
The suggested donation for this program is $0-25. Your donation supports future programs like this at HLT.
To become a member of Hilltown Land Trust for the year, make a gift in any amount to support our efforts to conserve and care for ecologically valuable land in the Hilltowns.
Please read the COVID event policy before filling out the registration form.