For those of you who missed last week’s Native Bee Webinar, take a peek at the recording below.
In the video, Wyatt Shell, PhD Candidate in the Biology Department at the University of New Hampshire, gives an introduction to the different native species of bees you might find in your backyard and explains why some species are in decline and what people can do to help.
And take a look at the resource links below- including a suggested native wildflower see mix you can buy to feed the bees:
- A native plant finder app (in its Beta development stage) by Doug Tallamy. Enter your zip code and it gives out flowers, trees, etc. that you should see or establish.
- Planting for pollinators UNH fact sheet/ wildflower guide
- Mass Audubon list of invasive plants
- DIY Bumblebee nest guide
- A catch-all “how to support” guide for native bees and wasps
- A native wildflower seed mix guide/shopping site